Musicworks - an introduction
Royal Conservatoire Music Centres are currently enabling over 800 young people all over Scotland
to discover the joy of making music - young people who otherwise wouldn’t have this
Location and socio-economic backgrounds are irrelevant. Instead, we ask communities how we can provide support and, likewise, we respond to requests for help.
Our Music Centres help to develop a child’s interest and skill in music, and provide a clear progression to full-time arts training for the most talented and dedicated pupils.
- A network of 12 centres providing music education across a wide geographical spread of communities, currently involving 8 local authorities
- 800+ children currently receive individual and group instrumental, musicianship and groupwork/orchestral tuition on a weekly, long-term basis across many disciplines and traditions
- 2,000 children take part in our shorter term and workshop programmes
- 45 public concerts per year
- Annual residential performance courses at the Royal Conservatoire