For 15 - 17 year olds
29 July – 2 August 2013, 10am–5pm
This summer theatre school for 15-17 year olds will examine, questions and explore how as a society we are influenced and affected by advertising.
As young people are often the target market for advertisers, it is important we question how we are sold to and how advertising makes us feel.
This open access summer course is suitable for young people aged 15 - 17 who wish to:
• explore the role that advertising has in our society
• investigate their own relationship with the lifestyles and ideals depicted in marketing campaigns
• develop and refine their theatre making skills
• work in a collaborative environment using images, text,sound and multimedia material
• work as part of a company to create an original performance for family and friends
Through the week, students will participate in a variety of exercises and discussions which will culminate in an immersive experience using image, text, sound recording and multimedia to draw together the group’s thoughts.
DOWNLOAD THE FULL COURSE INFORMATION FOR DEVISED THEATRE
Apply for a course or contact us for more information on +44 (0)141 270 8213 / email@example.com