Course Cancellation and Refund Terms and Conditions 2017/18
- Cancellation of courses and changes to courses, by RCS
- We reserve the right to reschedule or cancel courses. Reasons for this may be, but not restricted to, low enrolment numbers, weather warnings and tutor/lecturer availability.
- Publicised course tutors (web and print form) may be subject to change due to tutor availability. Where there is a change in an advertised tutor, RCS will endeavour to give as much notice as possible in advance of individual classes or course start date.
Many of our courses require a minimum number of students. Where the courses do not reach the minimum number required, they will be cancelled no later than 7 days before they are due to start.
- We may be required to cancel an individual class at short notice. Wherever possible we will endeavour to offer the class at a later date.
- In any instance where RCS has to cancel a course for any of the reasons outlined above, you will receive a full refund of any course fees paid in respect of that course.
- The Royal Conservatoire of Scotland is not responsible for any additional costs you may have incurred, including costs for travel or accommodation.
- Cancellation by you
- Once you have completed your online booking and received your confirmation email or dated payment receipt, you are deemed to have a contract with RCS.
- Under The Consumer Rights Act 2015, you have a right to cancel your contract with us within 14 days (known as a cooling off period), during which you will be entitled to a full refund. To cancel your contract during the cooling off period, you should do so in writing by email, or in person by speaking with a member of the Lifelong Learning and Junior Conservatoire administration team (and not with a tutor) at the Lifelong Learning and Junior Conservatoire office, RCS, 100 Renfrew Street, Glasgow, G2 3DB.
- To meet the cancellation deadline, you must advise us that you wish to cancel before the cooling off period has expired. Please note that a request for cancellation must be made by email or by attending in person at RCS (address above).
- You should be aware at the time of booking that, outwith the statutory 14 day cooling off period, there is no automatic right to cancel, and there will be no refund of fees.
- A 25% administration fee (of the total course fee at the time of booking) will be charged for any refunds made outside of statutory obligations (cooling off period).
- You will lose your right to cancel if the course has been fully completed during the cooling off period, and it began:
- After direct express agreement that the course may start during the cooling off period.
- With direct acknowledgement that cancellation rights are lost once the course has been fully completed.
- If the course begins during the 14 day cooling off period you will be liable for course fees for any part of the course that takes place, until you inform us in writing that you wish to cancel your contract. At this point, you will then be refunded any fees that have been paid for, for the remainder of the course.
- Our right to end the contract
- We may end the contract at any time if you break it. This would mean you would be asked to no longer attend the course.
We may break the contract if:
- You do not make payment to us or setup a payment plan when it is due.
- You do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to provide the course to you and/or enrol you as a student (as applicable).
- For students over 16 years of age: we discover you have any unspent relevant criminal convictions which we were not notified of at the time of booking. For more details please contact us.
- You have a high number of absences and the tutor feels this is affecting the class in a negative way.
If we break the contract due to any of the reasons outlined above, you will not be entitled to a refund.
If we have to break your contract, this may affect your enrolment in other courses within the Lifelong Learning and Junior Conservatoire programmes.
- Please be aware that, outside of the statutory 14 day cooling off period, you are only entitled to a refund if RCS cancel the course.
- Refunds are not available should you have a change in circumstances that makes continued attendance at the course difficult, or if you simply change your mind.
- Consideration of transferring funds to another course is at the discretion of the Lifelong Learning and Junior Conservatoire teams.
- For international students, requests for refunds as a consequence of failure to obtain a visa for study must be supported by evidence.
- If you withdraw from a course for medical reasons, a partial refund may be issued. In such circumstances, a medical certificate may be requested.
- As noted in 2.5, a 25% administration fee of the total course cost will be deducted from any refund given.
- We will never refund any travel or accommodation purchased by a booker to attend an RCS course. We strongly advise students to purchase the appropriate insurance cover for any travel or accommodation booked prior to the course commencing. Travel/accommodation costs will not be reimbursed, regardless of whether the booker cancels their contract, or RCS cancel the course.
- Where a refund is due, we will send you a cheque, payable to the original booker. In some cases we may be able to refund onto a debit/credit card. Please note it can take up to 30 days to process a refund.
From time to time, RCS may advertise discount codes for courses.
- To qualify to use a discount code, you must meet any conditions of the discount at the time of enrolment and be prepared to provide supporting evidence where necessary.
- Only one discount may be claimed per booking.
- Discounts may be withdrawn at any time.
- Most of our discounts are time limited. RCS reserves the right to create and distribute promotional offers amongst for particular groups i.e. event/course attendees.
- Discount codes must be used at time of booking. No retrospective discounts will be given.