Attending Classes at RCS
RCS has been carefully assessing developments in Covid guidance over recent weeks, in particular the confirmation on 9th August from the Scottish Government that Scotland has moved into the ‘Beyond Level 0’ phase of managing the pandemic. This is a positive new chapter for all of us but will not mean a full return to our pre-Covid operations just yet.
Throughout September social distancing measures will remain in place, as will strict limits on room and building capacities. This applies to all students and staff including the Short Courses programme. The following safety measures will be in place at least until the October break when they will be reviewed by our Health and Safety Department.
- Students should arrive just before their class is due to begin as there are currently no waiting areas in the building.
- Parents and carers will not be able to enter the building. Primary age students will be collected/dropped off by a member of staff at the front door of the building. Secondary age students are able to make their own way to their classroom.
- Adult students should attend their class alone as we are only able to admit people to the building who are signed up to a course.
- All students will be required to wear a face mask when travelling from the front door to their classroom (unless medically exempt).
- Secondary age students and adults will be required to wear a face mask during their class when undertaking any activity which is considered to be higher risk. This will be managed by class tutors.
- Students are asked to sanitise their hands before entering the building.
- Students are asked to try and keep 1m apart from others in the corridors and classrooms.
- A one-way system is in place within the RCS building which staff and students must use.
Students must not attend their class if they:
- Have been contacted by Test and Protect and asked to self-isolate. They are able to return to classes once the period of isolation has finished.
- Are displaying any symptoms of Covid-19.
If a student is contacted by Test and Protect or receives a positive test result within 48 hours of attending a Short Courses class, they should contact us as soon as possible by email at the address below.
If you have any questions about the information above please email us on firstname.lastname@example.org