Currently, the Centre’s practice-based research includes the continued investigation of its core technique, the vocal technique of Nadine George, in a variety of contexts. These include:
- Crossing the Divide: This research looks at the how the Centre’s vocal technique can be used alongside established musical theatre voice practices to evolve a ‘one voice’ approach to Musical Theatre training.
The Centre’s published research includes:
- Earthing the Electric: voice directing the directors by Ros Steen is published in Theatre, Dance and Performance Training, Vol 3 (3) 2012, Routledge.
- Managing Performance Stress : The role of EMDR in Vocal Training by Hilary Jones, first presented at the British Voice Associations International ‘Choice for Voice’ conference in 2010, published in the conference proceedings.
- Seein Oursels as Ithers See Us by Ros Steen, originally published pp 281 -290 in Voice and Gender and other contemporary issues in professional voice and speech training presented by the Voice and Speech Review, Mandy Rees , ed, Cincinnati, OH: Voice and Speech Trainers Assoc., Inc., 2007, ISBN 978-0-9773876-1-8 Used with permission.
- Helena, Hitler and the Heartland : Ros Steen, pp 43 -58 originally published in Shakespeare Around the Globe and other contemporary issues in professional voice and speech training presented by the Voice and Speech Review, Mandy Rees,ed, Cincinnati, OH: Voice and Speech Trainers Assoc., Inc., 2005, ISBN 0-9773876-0-7 Used with permission.
- Strange Geometrical Hinges : CDS conference, 2009, Ros Steen
- What We May Be : the integration of Lecoq Movement and George voice work at the RSAMD, Ros Steen and Joyce Deans, pp 46-62 in The Moving Voice, the Integration of Voice and Movement Studies presented by the Voice and Speech Review, Rena Cook, ed, Voice and Speech Trainers Assoc., Inc., 2009, ISBN 978-1-934269-55-8; Used with permission
- Double-hinged Doors : The RSAMD’s voice work in Training and Theatre, LIPA conference, 2008, Ros Steen and Bill Wright
- Co-Direction : How Creativity is Translated Educationally in a Moment of Rehearsal for ELIA Teachers Academy Papers, 2007 Ros Steen and Joyce Deans (Pg 148 -152)
- Teaching Voice in the New Millennium : International Centre for Voice, Central School of Speech and Drama, 2006, Ros Steen.
- Voices of Scotland : VASTA 2005 conference, Ros Steen.
- The Muscle of the Soul: by Ros Steen, on Suspect Culture’s ‘Strange Behaviour’ website, 2001