- How to apply.
Applications for the academic year 2017-18 are currently on hold. We hope to be in a position to receive applications in the coming weeks.
Before applying, please check the ‘Am I eligible?‘ section below.
Applications are completed online and should take 10 – 15 minutes. They must be completed in one go so make sure you leave yourself enough time. Eligible applicants for pathways with places available will then be invited to attend an audition and/or interview. The following information is requested in the online application form:
• personal details (including contact details, the school you attend/attended and any special requirements you might have)
• a short statement answering the question ‘Why do you want to take part in Transitions 20/40?’
• a short statement which explains any previous experience you might have
- Am I eligible?
Only people from key Scottish postcodes can apply for Transitions 20/40. You can check whether you are in one of the eligible areas on the SIMD website however the final decision on eligibility rests with RCS. If you have any doubts about your eligibility please do get in touch with the Transitions 20/40 team or 0141 270 8303 and we will be happy to let you know.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must meet the following criteria:
• be based in Scotland, living permanently in one of the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) 20% or 40% most deprived postcode areas (two forms of identification must be provided as evidence of residing at this address)
• be able to demonstrate, at audition and/or interview:
- a) a passion for the subject area
- b) a training need in their subject area
- c) the potential and desire to reach FE/HE destination as a result of participation in Transitions 20/40
• must not have already completed degree study
There may also be age restrictions for certain applicants, depending on the area being applied for.
If you have any problems completing the application process or require additional support to do so, please feel free to email us or phone 0141 270 8303.