We are delighted that you are interested in Transitions Production at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland.
The Transitions Production programme offers specialist training to young people and adults who are interested in pursuing a career in the stage production industries, including design, production arts, production technology and stage management.
This specialist training is designed for people aged of 15 and over who can demonstrate creative ability and the necessary commitment to studying at a high level.
Successful applicants will receive free, high-quality training from the Royal Conservatoire, working with our staff in a range of workshops and projects covering all areas of the production industries.
The training and support will be highly tailored to each individual student’s needs. A personal learning plan will be created for each student based on their specialism, their age and the skills they have and attributes they demonstrate. The style of engagement will be open, supportive and fun, but will also be challenging and hard work at times. Commitment, energy and focus will be expected by the teaching staff and your fellow students.
Activity for each supported Transitions Production student might include:
• a choice of either weekly set classes or a more flexible route, featuring a mix of weekend, evening classes or spring and summer schools.
• weekly workshop sessions across the year in areas such as stage management, scenic art, costume and props construction as well as technical classes in lighting, sound and other stage technologies.
• intensive weekend courses in specialist areas of production
• intensive week-long courses covering a range of production workshops
• opportunities to work on small projects or productions in identified production roles
• show shadowing of RCS productions in public venues
• portfolio and interview technique workshops and advice from RCS production staff
If you have any specific questions about Transitions Production please get in touch.