- Transitions 20/40 Drama
Transitions 20/40 Drama offers up to 150 hours of specialist training for people from key Scottish postcodes, who have an interest in acting, contemporary performance or musical theatre.
The specialist drama training is designed for people aged 15 and above who can demonstrate ability and potential, together with the necessary commitment and determination to study at a high level.
The successful applicants will receive high quality conservatoire-style training from the Royal Conservatoire throughout the year as well as bespoke mentoring and personal development support for their future training ambitions.
The Transitions 20/40 Drama training and support will be highly practical and tailored to each individual student’s needs. A personal learning plan will be created for each student based on their specialism, the age and stage they have reached, the skills they have achieved and attributes they demonstrate.
- T20/40 Drama Activities
Activity for each supported Transitions 20/40 student might include:
• 1-2-1 and intensive class tuition in their specialist area; acting, contemporary performance or musical theatre (approx. 150 – 160 hours per student)
• performance and production workshops
• specialist study weekends
• intensive spring, summer and winter schools
• 1-2-1 career development mentoring
• specialist master-classes from visiting artists
• coaching and support in the development of personal statements, portfolios and applications
Transitions 20/40 offers students a bespoke opportunity to study acting, contemporary performance or musical theatre intensively in a conservatoire context. The style of engagement will be open, supportive and fun, but will also be challenging and hard work at times. Commitment, energy and focus will be expected by the teaching staff and your fellow students.
Another key part of the Transitions 20/40 Drama scheme will be development of the skills, knowledge and enterprise required in training for a career in drama.
By the end of the training each student will have:
• developed the ability to reflect critically upon their performance practice
• understood the options for training in Scotland and further afield
• understood the relevant application and audition expectations
• shared their insights from the Transitions 20/40 programme with their peers and mentors
If you have any specific questions about Transitions 20/40 Drama please get in touch.