RCS are proud of our commitment to diversity, inclusivity and widening access, and we value and respect the identity of each individual. We aim to consistently be a welcoming and inclusive environment. If there are any improvements you feel we can make please contact us at email@example.com or by calling us on 0141 332 5057 or Text Relay Service 18002 0141 332 5057.
We offer concession priced tickets for RCS productions to any customers with additional access requirements.
Dedicated wheelchair spaces are provided in all venues. See the seating plans for positions. There is level access from the ground floor of the Royal Conservatoire at the main entrance on Renfrew Street to all levels. Accessible lift serves all floors.
- Box Office: Low access sales point available. Accessible via lift.
- Cafe Bar: Medium height service points. Accessible via lift.
Stair free access is available in all venues:
- New Athenaeum Theatre
- Stalls rows K&L: No stairs.
- Stalls rows A-J: Some small steps. No hand rail available.
- 1st and 2nd Circles: 4 to 6 steps to access all rows. Hand rail available. Accessible via lift.
- Stevenson Hall
- Stalls row A: No Stairs. Accessible via lift.
- Stalls rows B-M: Some small steps. No hand rail available. Venue is accessible from front (row A) and rear (row M). Accessible via lift.
- Balconies: 4 to 6 steps to access all rows. Hand rail available. Accessible via lift.
- Ledger Recital Room, and AGOS Studio
- Row A: No Stairs. Accessible via lift.
- Rows B onward: Some steps. Hand rail available. Accessible via lift.
- Chandler Studio Theatre
- Row A: No Stairs.
- Rows B onward: Some steps. No hand rail available
We are happy to offer an additional complimentary ticket to any customers who require a personal assistant in order to access the venue. Please book via the Box Office (0141 332 5057 or Text Relay Service 18002 0141 332 5057).
Multi-storey parking facilities are available at Cambridge Street, Concert Square and Buchanan Galleries. Fully DDA compliant facilities are available in the Cambridge Street multi-storey. The charge for use of these facilities is £1 after 6pm. Dedicated disabled parking spaces are available at the back of the Renfrew Street building and are accessed from Hope Street (there is wheelchair access to the Royal Conservatoire at the Hope Street entrance).
Blue Badge Holders
Renfrew Street has single yellow lines and Hope Street double yellow lines. As both these streets are main traffic routes there is no parking on either street between 8am and 6pm. However, there are Park and Display bays on Renfrew Street and outside of peak times (8am – 9,15am & 4.15pm – 6pm) Blue Badge holders may park in the Pay and Display bays without limit of time or charge.
Accessible unisex toilets with emergency call buttons are available on the ground and first floors at Renfrew Street.
BSL Interpreted and Captioned performances
BSL interpreted and captioned performances are available as advertised. Please visit our Deaf Theatre Club page for more information.
All our venues are fitted with an induction loop. Patrons who are hard of hearing and fitted with a hearing aid should use their T-switch.
We welcome guide dogs and hearing dogs. The lift to all floors has a voice announcement.
If you have any queries please get in touch at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling our Box Office on 0141 332 5057 or Text Relay Service 18002 0141 332 5057.
Explore the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland in our 360 virtual tour. You’ll be able to see our rehearsal and practice rooms, professional performance venues, production workshops, editing suite, ballet studios and more.