How to apply
Before applying, please check the ‘Am I eligible?‘ section below.
Applications are completed online and should take 15 – 20 minutes. They must be completed in one go so make sure you leave yourself enough time. Eligible applicants for pathways with places available will then be invited to attend an audition and/or interview. The following information is requested in the online application form:
- personal details (including contact details, the school you attend/attended and any special requirements you might have)
- a short statement explaining why you think Transitions is the right opportunity for you, and any relevant experience you have
- information about the barriers you face – you may want the support of a parent or carer to answer these questions
Am I eligible?
Only people from key Scottish postcodes or who are Care Experienced can apply for Transitions. You can check whether you are in one of the eligible areas on the SIMD postcode checker on our portal site here. The final decision however on eligibility rests with RCS. If you have any doubts about your eligibility please do get in touch with the Transitions team or 0141 270 8303 and we will be happy to let you know.
To be eligible to apply, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- be based in Scotland
- living permanently in one of the Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation (SIMD) 20% most deprived postcode area (two forms of identification must be provided as evidence of residing at this address)
- be based in Scotland and be Care-Experience (this term covers being at home (subject to a Supervision Requirement), in foster care, in residential care or in a kinship placement, where you are placed with friends or relative)
- be able to demonstrate, at audition and/or interview:
- a) a passion for the subject area
- b) a training need in their subject area
- c) the potential and desire to reach FE/HE destination as a result of participation in Transitions
- must not have already completed degree study
Music and Modern Ballet applications are for those aged 12+ with Pre-Juniors aged 7-11 years. Drama, Production and Film are for those aged 15+ and CPP (Contemporary Performance Practice) for those aged 16+.
To apply, please click the following link to be taken to the application form: