The Young Actors Rep Company is an auditioned course for people aged 12-21 who are keen to refine their acting and performance skills while gaining experience of performing theatre and working within a company setting.
Working within an ensemble you will be led by an experienced director and practitioner through intensive rehearsal processes which will culminate in a public performance. Through practical sessions you will continue to build on technical and creative performance skills and explore how to apply these within a rehearsal process.
The Young Actors Rep Company adopts an ensemble approach to theatre practice and students are required to demonstrate commitment to rehearsals and be willing to undertake preparation work in between classes. As with all companies, members may be required to undertake further auditions throughout the year to allocate specific roles for performances.
Students will also have the opportunity to perform in a range of contexts for invited and public audiences.
By the end of the course you will have:
- Rehearsed and performed a published play within a theatre setting for a public audience
- Undertaken in-depth character development activities
- Been guided through the process of researching and rehearsing a play
- Worked as an ensemble with other aspiring actors to create polished performances.
If you have any questions about this course, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org
The Junior Conservatoire of Drama is the national centre of excellence for training young actors and preparing them for further study.
- Study in Scotland’s national conservatoire, one of the world’s top 10 performing arts education institutions
- Perform for public audiences within RCS venues
- Learn technical movement, vocal skills, script analysis and characterisation choices
- Participate in masterclasses with visiting industry professionals, RCS lecturers with many years of conservatoire-level teaching
- Receive regular feedback reports to ensure you are getting the most out of the programme
- Casting opportunities for professional jobs
- Free tickets to all RCS productions
We want to make the performing arts as accessible as possible.
Anyone who faces financial barriers to participate in the Junior Conservatoire can apply at any time, whether at acceptance to a course or during the course, for a bursary or scholarship.
Please take the time to refer to this bursary and scholarship criteria.
For anyone who requires a bursary or scholarship please email JuniorsDDPF@rcs.ac.uk and you will be sent an application form.
We will try to support as many students as possible to attend the Junior Conservatoire training and therefore may not be able to cover full student fees.
These funds are currently supported by the generosity of individuals and charitable trusts including:
- James McAvoy Drama Scholarship
- Agnes Allan Bursary
- Cambuslang Rotary Club Bursary
- Bill and Margaret Nicol
Audition details will be provided over the Summer once applications close
We want to ensure everyone has an opportunity to apply for the Junior Conservatoire Acting programme so we will audition every student who applies on time.
When to apply
Application for entry to the Junior Conservatoire Acting programme in September 2021 will open on Monday 30th November.
All applications should be completed online and there is an audition fee of £45. If an applicant is applying for multiple courses they will only need to pay one audition fee. If you need financial support to pay for the audition/s fee please contact us at email@example.com
All auditions for the Junior Conservatoire Acting programme will be held in April 2021.
If you have any questions about the Junior Conservatoire or the application process, please don’t hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What to wear
You should come to class wearing clothes suitable for movement work, and which do not restrict the body.
What to bring
Please bring along bottled water to keep hydrated during rehearsals. You may also find it useful to bring a notepad and pen to take notes.