There are two pathways through the Modern Ballet course: skills development and performance. Both courses are entry by audition only. Please click here to apply.
Modern Ballet: Skills Development
Our Junior Conservatoire Modern Ballet skills development course is taught over two nights per week. Students are split into four different classes/levels according to ability. The course focuses on developing the skills required for students to enter full-time vocational ballet training. The course is designed to work in partnership with existing Associate Programmes at Scottish Ballet and complement the work of local dance teachers, schools and communities. Boys and girls learn side by side however each have dedicated time within the course to ensure they receive opportunities to develop fully.
The course will involve:
- learning and developing repertoire
- technique development
- girls will look at pointe work
Modern Ballet: Performance
Our Young Ballet Company rehearses for 5 hours per week all day on a Sunday. The company looks at technique but also looks at the creative choreography process, and at repertoire. This company is for advanced ballet students. The company currently is collaborating with contemporary dancers to give all dancers on these two courses the opportunity to experience and share learning across genres of dance.
Entry to Junior Conservatoire is by audition only. Audition Dates are as follows:
- Junior Conservatoire Modern Ballet auditions (Glasgow campus) – Sunday 20 May 2018.
- Pre-Juniors Ballet (Edinburgh campus) auditions – Friday 22 June 2018
- Pre-Juniors Ballet (Dumfries House campus) auditions – Saturday 23 June 2018
- All applicants who apply to the Junior Conservatoire prior to the closing date of Friday 25 February 2018 will be offered an audition.