Contemporary Performance Practice
This Junior Conservatoire programme is led by teaching staff from the Contemporary Performance Practice degree programme at the Royal Conservatoire. You’ll create original pieces of theatre out of everyday stories and experiences.
Our CPP programme is for aspiring performance makers who wish to develop their skills as innovative and socially engaged performers, directors, teachers, and cultural leaders, who can realize their aspirations to create and shape the future of new work. In one sense, this could be the programme for you if you are passionate about creating performance, but you’re unsure of what you’d specifically like to do in the field.
As part of the course you will:
- Be introduced to the core skills, techniques and philosophy associated with devised theatre
- Have the opportunity to explore your own ideas and make your mark within a performance context
- Discover and explore the role of the contemporary performer
- Learn about the effective use of text, image, choreography and installation
- Explore alternative settings for performance
- Gain an overview of key contemporary theatre practitioners.
Study at Junior Conservatoire
Entry to Junior Conservatoire is through audition only.
- All our places for 2016/17 are now filled.
- Applications for 2017/18 open on 4 November 2016.
On successful completion of this course, you may wish to apply for our BA (Hons) Contemporary Performance Practice. Our students tell us that studying CPP at the Conservatoire is like nothing you could ever imagine. It’s total immersion in a challenging programme with the central philosophy that human beings make art in order to better understand the world in which they live.