Contemporary Performance Practice
(For ages 12 – 18)
Our Junior Conservatoire CPP course is for aspiring performance makers who wish to develop their skills as innovative and socially engaged performers, directors, teachers, and cultural leaders, who can realize their aspirations to create and shape the future of new work. In one sense, this could be the programme for you if you are passionate about creating performance, but you’re unsure of what you’d specifically like to do in the field.
This Junior Conservatoire programme is led by teaching staff from the Contemporary Performance Practice degree programme at the Royal Conservatoire. Successful applicants can select to do solely the skills development option, or the skills development plus performing company option.
Skills development / Sundays / Sep – June / Renfrew Street and Wallace Studios Campus
This course is for aspiring performance makers who want to create original pieces of theatre from their experiences and develop skills as innovative performers. As part of the course you will:
- Be introduced to the core skills, techniques and philosophy associated with devised theatre
- Have the opportunity to explore your own ideas and make your mark within a performance context
- Discover and explore the role of the contemporary performer
- Learn about the effective use of text, image, choreography and installation
- Explore alternative settings for performance
- Gain an overview of key contemporary theatre practitioners.
Contemporary Performance Practice company / Evenings / Sep – June / Renfrew Street and Wallace Studios Campus
We have designed a young company programme that will allow you to gain experience in other venues and perform in front of an audience. This is especially beneficial for students who wish to put their skills development techniques to use in a practical performance setting.
Study at Junior Conservatoire
Entry to Junior Conservatoire is through audition only.
- Applications are now open, click here to apply.
On successful completion of this course, you may wish to apply for our BA (Hons) Contemporary Performance Practice. Our students tell us that studying CPP at the Conservatoire is like nothing you could ever imagine. It’s total immersion in a challenging programme with the central philosophy that human beings make art in order to better understand the world in which they live.