For students who show potential and are passionate about musical theatre, the Junior Conservatoire will work with you to develop skills across the disciplines of acting, singing and dance. We hope to prepare you for further study and a career in this demanding industry.
The Junior Musical Theatre programme is split into two levels: Level 1 and Level 2. Younger and more inexperienced actors will need to complete Level 1 before progressing to Level 2 in the following year.
Working with musical theatre professionals, your curriculum will include:
- awareness and technical ability in the body through dance
- music theory and instrumental skills to be able to read sheet music
- ensemble work through choir and musical theatre scenes
- singing technique
- core acting skills to build on character, emotion and control of range
- textual analysis
- characterisation skills
- voice work to expand tone and range of expression
Throughout the year you’ll be given performance opportunities. Family, friends and RCS staff are invited to this to see your progression and learning developments over the year.
Study at Junior Conservatoire
Entry to Junior Conservatoire is through audition only.
- All our places for 2016/17 are now filled.
- Applications for 2017/18 open on 4 November 2016.