Make It Happen Fund is a micro-funding initiative recently launched by the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland. Its purpose is to give our most recent graduates access to a competitive pot of seed funding to support their career goals and ambitions.
Projects supported cross a wide range of creative endeavors, including:
– The development of an audio-visual piece for performance at Glasgow’s Centre for Contemporary Arts
– The recording and production of an EP to showcase a new musical
– A week-long development lab to develop a new piece of theatre
The fund aims to create access to a source of funding that will support our graduates early stage career development, in a range of areas such as: training, networking, testing ideas, starting up companies, staging pop-up events and forming new collaborations.
The deadline has now passed for 2018/19. 16 award recipients have been chosen and are now embarking upon their projects.
Contact us at Exchange@rcs.ac.uk if you have any queries.
Make It Happen Month is a collaboration between the Research and Knowledge Exchange Department and RCS Students Union.
Make It Happen Month takes place at the Conservatoire throughout the month of November. A jam-packed series of evening seminars, workshops and events to help you get your ideas, projects, companies, and collaborations off the ground and into the world.
– Sessions on raising money
– Developing your brand and online community
– Writing funding proposals
– Pitching and selling ideas
– Taking your show to the Edinburgh Fringe
Check out last year’s full offering in the 2018 Make It Happen Month Brochure
Make it Happen Month is now over for 2018, but look out for updates about next year’s offering on Twitter.