The Music Leaders Scotland Awards are a new opportunity for talented young musicians to enhance their skills in various aspects of musical study.
The award focuses on three main areas of study:
- Engagement with professional music
The award acknowledges and gives credit for the range of activities that young musicians are already undertaking whilst enhancing skills in planning, goal setting and reflective practice. In addition, learners are required to develop their knowledge and application of leadership skills as they take on a leading role in a musical activity. Learners have the opportunity to engage with professional music and musicians, whilst enhancing their participation and engagement with the local authority music provision in their area.
The Music Leaders Scotland Awards comprises three levels:
- Bronze (24 Credits, SCQF Level 5, Grade 5 level in Music Performance)
- Silver (24 Credits, SCQF Level 6, Grade 6 level in Music Performance)
- Gold (30 Credits, SCQF Level 7, Grade 8 level in Music Performance)
The award is aimed at learners who already play a musical instrument to the standard required (as above); who are participating in a musical ensemble and are interested in developing their skills in musical leadership.
Book your place
To sign up as an individual please contact the Music Leaders Scotland team who will be able to help you on MusicLeadersAward@rcs.ac.uk
Sign up as a school teacher
If you are a school teacher and interested in running the Music Leaders Scotland Award with your students please contact MusicLeadersAward@rcs.ac.uk for further information and to register your students.
The fees for entry in 2019/20 will be:
Category Fee Bronze Award student entry fee £35 Silver Award student entry fee £40 Gold Award student entry fee £50
– Bronze (24 Credits, SCQF Level 5, Grade 5 level in Music Performance)
– Silver (24 Credits, SCQF Level 6, Grade 6 level in Music Performance)
– Gold (30 Credits, SCQF Level 7, Grade 8 level in Music Performance)
If you are a teacher and interested in training for this award please contact MusicLeadersAward@rcs.ac.uk for more information and costs.
Music Leaders Scotland Award Information Event
28 October 2020
3.30pm–5pm on Zoom
Please join us from the comfort of your own space to hear about Music Leaders Scotland Award, presented by members of the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland pre-higher education team and the Associate Head of BMus, Sam Ellis.
During the session we will give you:
- A brief overview of the requirements of the award at each level
- Examples of some submissions from last year
- Opportunities to ask questions to the team
- Hear some tips in getting students ready for performance
- Share ideas in how to support students in the leading of ensembles
This will be a relaxed sessions so bring along a cuppa, biscuit and a notepad and enjoy this CPD event and learn more about how your young people could be gaining credits for their work.
Signed up but don’t have the details yet? Email MusicLeadersAward@rcs.ac.uk and we’ll send out the information.