Darren is a Technical Stage graduate with an interest in rigging and automation in the entertainment industry. He thrives in a demanding and fast paced environment, has the ability to work well under pressure, enjoys problem solving and is motivated by achieving the highest possible technical and safety standards.
- Entertainment rigging
- Counterweight and hemp flying
- Excellent working knowledge of stage equipment and stage machinery systems.
- Automation programming/ operating (Tait eChameleon on Illusionist control desk & Kinesys Vector)
- Carpentry and Metalworking (EAL Certificate of Unit Credit- Manual MIG Welding)
- Expertise in the safe operation and maintenance of hand and power tools and the appropriate use and inspection of personal protective equipment.
- Experience with working at height and work positioning equipment.
- Knowledge of current health and safety legislation and experience in creating risk assessments, production manuals and other health and safety documents.
- Pyrotechnics Safety Awareness Certificate
- The ability to draw, read and interpret plans using Vectorworks & AutoCAD
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office package, One Drive and Teams.
- Clean UK driving licence