Digital Hub

Short Term Student Visa

Short Term Visitor Visa

If you are studying on a course at the Royal Conservatoire that is less than six months in duration then you should consider applying for entry clearance (a visa) as a short-term student. This type of entry clearance is particularly suited to international exchange students who are coming to study with us for one term, however, there are several restrictions under this route (employment and bringing dependents are just two examples). If you are coming to study a full-time course that lasts for six months or longer, or your course is less than six months in duration but you are required to do a work placement as part of your course then you will need to apply for the Tier 4 (General) visa.

There are several differences between the short-term student and Tier 4 (General) routes therefore it is imperative that you apply for the correct type of entry clearance. Please read the Studying in the UK – Short Term Student and Studying in the UK – Tier 4 guides before making a decision.

For more information please contact the International and Student Experience team at