Registering with a doctor

Whether you are from the UK or abroad we strongly advise that you register with a local General Practitioner (GP) during your time at the Royal Conservatoire.  International students at RCS have the same access to the National Health Service (NHS) as those students who are ordinarily resident in the UK. Some NHS services are free and some need to be paid for. More information can be found at NHS Greater Glasgow and Clyde  and UKCISA Healthcare in Scotland

Most Conservatoire students register with Dr Leslie and Partners at Woodside Health Centre as it is only a short distance away from the Renfrew Street site and the Wallace Studios.   The address is Woodside Health Centre, Barr Street, Glasgow, G20 7LR. Telephone: (0141) 531 9560.  You can now register on line by using the following link.  Online registration – Dr Leslie & Partners


Specialist medical care

We have a register of private medical specialists in fields relevant to performance in music, drama and dance. If you experience a programme-related medical problem that is causing you difficulties in your studies and cannot easily be dealt with by your GP, Sarah Ward, Assistant Registrar (International and Student Experience) may be able to make arrangements for you to have a free consultation with a specialist practitioner.  You should email welfare@rcs.ac.uk in the first instance. https://portal.rcs.ac.uk/health-services/

Keeping Fit

For those who are interested in keeping fit there are various gyms/fitness centres in the Glasgow area and links to those closest to the Conservatoire can be found below:


If you’re an international student on a short-term exchange you might find the gym at Glasgow Caledonian University has the most flexible range of payment options.  Having a UK bank account is not a pre-requisite for membership.  For further information go to http://www.gcu.ac.uk/arc/