Apply for Research
Applicants for Research should apply through UCAS Conservatoires.
Research themes which we support at doctoral level include:
- the processes and methodologies of developing new performance work (music/drama/music theatre), including collaborative and devised performance
- musical composition, in all genres, for live, electro-acoustic and mixed media
- Scottish music
- methodologies of specialist performance training, including the use of IT
- socio-cultural studies of performance
- performance education and pedagogy
Potential applicants are advised to discuss their proposals informally with the research contacts in the Schools before applying.
The following documents which are relevant to your study can be downloaded for reference:
- 26 January 2019
Interviews (and auditions where appropriate) will be held throughout the year and applicants who meet the entry requirements and whose research proposal is in accord with RCS research areas will normally be interviewed. The interview panel will be chaired by the Head of Research and online interviews may be held if you cannot make it to Glasgow to interview in person.
New applicants should download the relevant Guide to Applicants, as this will help you to fill out your application on the UCAS Conservatoires website.
For enquiries for Research study, please contact email@example.com.