Next steps at RCS
Coronavirus (Covid-19) hasn’t gone away and recent data from the UK and elsewhere indicates that we may soon be hit by new waves of new Omicron variants. While these new variants are typically less severe in their impact on individuals (especially in a vaccinated population), they are highly transmissible, they can still make you and unwell and affect your ability to do day to day activities for a period, and are infecting people who have already experienced previous strains of Covid.
Given the volume of cohort-based activity (including performances) we normally do, it’s vital that we all act responsibly as individuals and as a community to preserve as much of our activity as possible, as well as to keep each other safe.
You can play your part by:
- Not coming on to the RCS campus if you have any Covid or flu-like symptoms (including fatigue, sore throat, cough, headache, fever, aches) and feel unwell.
- Making sure you are up to date with all your vaccinations
- Testing – free testing kits are still available to order online for a range of eligible groups and individuals, including unpaid carers
- Wearing a face covering in busy public settings such as public transport
- Continuing with good hand hygiene
- Ensuring windows are open in naturally ventilated rooms, so if a room has a window – open it.
- Continue to maintain good surface hygiene by cleaning surfaces regularly. Use the cleaning material available in rooms, or nearby in corridors, to clean the items you use such as desks, keyboards (lightly to avoid excess moisture release) or music stands.
For further details on symptoms, self-care and test kits, see the NHS inform guidance on Covid-19.
Across the RCS campus, we’ll continue with:
- Ventilation protocols across the campus. Mechanically ventilated rooms have been checked to ensure good ventilation is in place. Estates undertake spot checks to monitor ventilation.
- Encouraging wearing of face coverings and social distancing in busy/public areas
- Risk assessments of programme activity which in turn may require the wearing of face coverings and social distancing in certain circumstances
- The Estates Department undertakes regular cleaning of buildings.
We are now at the stage of living with Covid and much of the responsibility to prevent the spread now rests with individuals to take personal responsibility.
Please continue to play your part in keeping your friends, colleagues and all others within the RCS community safe and functioning.
Thank you for your ongoing co-operation.
Information for Audiences
Seeing a performance soon at RCS? Visit our Box Office Covid page to find out about our latest information – we’re excited to welcome our audiences back!
Information for Staff
Scottish Government guidance on Staying Safe and Protecting Others.
Scottish Government guidance for immunosuppressed people.
NHS Inform Covid(19) Guidance on symptoms and actions.