Post-study Work Visas Update
Last week the UK Government announced the return of Post-study Work Visas.
These enable eligible students to work in the UK for two years after completing their course.
The Home Office indicates that the key features of this route are:
- It will be open to international students who have successfully completed a courseof study at undergraduate (RQF 6) level or above and who have a valid and extant student visa atthe time of application;
- The application process will be simple. There will be an application fee andapplicants will pay the Immigration Health Surcharge;
- Applicants will be subject to identity, criminality and security checks;
- The leave period granted will be two years and will be non-extendable. Settlementrights will not be accrued;
- Individuals will be able to work, or look for work in any sector, at any level;
- Individuals will be able to switch into the skilled work route if they meet therequirements.
In terms of eligibility, the latest information from the UK Council for International Student Affairs (UKCISA) suggests that:
- Any international student who will complete their course in or after the summer of 2021 will be eligible to apply for the new two year Graduate route.
- Unfortunately this suggests that the Graduate route will not be open to those who have completed their studies or are due to complete them in the summer of 2020.
RCS welcomes all opportunities which enable our international graduates to live, work and continue to develop their creativity in Scotland and across the UK.
We look forward to hearing further details of this initiative and will share any further information as it becomes available.
Visit our International and EU students page for more information.