Life is not a rehearsal
You need more than talent and determination to make it in the performing arts.
You need to make the right choices, learn in the right environment and live in a city that creates opportunity.
Whether your talent lies in music, drama, dance, production or screen, the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland has everything to help you realise your life ambition.
There are lots of reasons why RCS is the best place for you to study. Our aim for you, as an RCS graduate, is to leave us as a confident, creative citizen ready to make your impact on the performing arts and across society. Here are just some of the reasons why studying at RCS is so special:
- Performance is everything. You will have multiple opportunities to perform during your studies at RCS; every year there are more than 500 performances programmed to take place across our five professional venues – this makes us the busiest performing arts centre in Scotland
- You will learn from the best. Our teachers are experts in their field, with many still working and performing regularly in the industry. We also run a vast masterclass programme with visiting artists from across the world coming to RCS to teach and work with you.
- Collaboration is at the core of our ethos; RCS is the only conservatoire in Europe where the full breath of the performing arts is taught and you will learn by working alongside your peers in dance, drama, music, production and screen.
- We are located at the heart of Glasgow – the culture capital of Scotland. With over 130 music events taking place each week (on average) and countless theatres, film hubs and performing arts centres in the city, Glasgow is the perfect place for young performers and production artists.
- Professional partnerships. We have partnerships with Scotland’s national companies so you can benefit from learning alongside experienced industry professionals. Find out more about our partners here.
- 90-minute lesson for musicians. We offer the most one-to-one tuition for musicians on their principal study than any other conservatoire in the UK.
The Digital Prospectus is packed with video and image content to give you the best insight into what it’s like studying at RCS. If you would prefer to read the PDF version of the prospectus, please click on the prospectus image on this page to download.
If you would prefer to have a hard copy of our 17/18 prospectus, please fill out our Order a Prospectus form and we’ll send one to you as soon as possible. If you have any issues with your order, please don’t hesitate to contact our team directly at firstname.lastname@example.org