Course Cancellation and Refund Terms and Conditions
- Cancellation of courses and changes to courses, by RCS
- We reserve the right to reschedule/ change the format of classes. Reasons for this may be, but not restricted to, weather warnings and tutor/lecturer availability.
- When RCS has to cancel a course and rescheduling is not possible, you will receive a full refund of any course fees paid. RCS is not responsible for any additional costs you may have incurred, including costs for travel or accommodation.
- Publicised course tutors (web and print form) may be subject to change due to availability. Where there is a change in an advertised tutor, RCS will endeavour to give as much notice as possible.
- Cancellation by you
- Once you have completed your online booking and received your confirmation email, you are deemed to have a contract with RCS.
- Under The Consumer Rights Act 2015, you have a right to cancel your contract with us within 14 days (known as a cooling off period), during which you will be entitled to a full refund. To cancel your contract during the cooling off period, you should do so in writing by email to email@example.com
- You should be aware at the time of booking that, outwith the statutory 14 day cooling off period, there is no automatic right to cancel, and any refund of fees with be at RCS’s discretion.
- A 25% administration fee (of the total course fee at the time of booking) will be charged for any refunds made outside of statutory obligations (cooling off period).
- You will lose your right to cancel if the course has been fully completed during the cooling off period.
- Our right to end the contract
- We reserve the right to end our contract with you if there is a break in the Terms and Conditions.
We may end the contract if:
- You do not make payment to us within your agreed payment plan schedule.
- You do not, within a reasonable time of us asking for it, provide us with information that is necessary for us to enrol you as a student.
- You have a high number of absences and the tutor feels this is affecting your learning and affecting the learning of others.
If we end the contract due to any of the reasons outlined above, you will not be entitled to a refund.
If we have to end your contract, this may affect your enrolment in other courses within the Short Courses and Junior Conservatoire programmes.
- Refunds are not available should you have a change in circumstances that makes continued attendance at the course difficult, or if you simply change your mind.
- Consideration of transferring funds to another course is at the discretion of the Short Courses team.
- For international students, requests for refunds as a consequence of failure to obtain a visa for study must be supported by evidence.
- As noted in 2.5, a 25% administration fee of the total course cost will be deducted from any refund given.
- We will never refund any travel or accommodation purchased by a booker to attend an RCS course. We strongly advise students to purchase the appropriate insurance cover for any travel or accommodation booked prior to the course commencing. Travel/accommodation costs will not be reimbursed, regardless of whether the booker cancels their contract, or RCS cancel the course.
- Where a refund is due, we will refund onto a debit/credit card. Please note it can take up to 30 days to process a refund.
5.Promotional offers and discounts From time to time, RCS may advertise promotional offers and discount codes for courses which reduce the price of the course for a limited period. Please seePromotional Offers and Discountspage for more information.
- To qualify to use a discount code, the student must meet any conditions of the discount at the time of enrolment and be prepared to provide supporting evidence where necessary.
- Only one discount may be claimed per student, per booking.
- Discounts may be withdrawn by RCS at any time.
- Discounts can be applied at point of payment for course by using a discount code.
- Discount codes must be used at time of booking. No retrospective discounts will be given.