Undergraduate Study

If you are normally resident in England, you will be eligible for the same funding package that you would benefit from if you attended an English institution. You can apply for a loan to cover up to the full tuition fee cost of your course from Student Finance England at: https://www.gov.uk/student-finance

Student Finance England is a service provided by the Student Loans Company. They provide financial support on behalf of the UK Government to students from England entering higher education in the UK.  You should apply for your tuition fee loan before the start of your course although you can still apply for the loan up to 9 months after the first day of the academic year for your course. You don’t need to have applied for a course or received an offer in order to begin applying for funding; it’s best to apply early to avoid any disappointment.

Have a look at Student Finance England’s Quick Start Guide for advice on how to apply for funding in 2022/2023.  Information is also available via The Student Room.


Support from RCS

In addition to any support you may receive from Student Finance England, the RCS introduced additional scholarships for new English students to partly offset the introduction of the higher level of tuition fee. We will use the residual household income figure as calculated by the Student Loans Company (SLC) when assessing scholarship entitlement. Depending on your residual household income you will  receive the following level of scholarship for each year of your degree programme if you are successful in taking up your offer of a place at RCS. You will be able to use your scholarship to either contribute towards your tuition fee or towards your general living costs and it will be paid to you in three instalments.

Residual Household Income Royal Conservatoire English Scholarship
Up to £25,000 £3,000
£25,001 to £30,000 £1,750
£30,001 to £35,000 £1,250

Postgraduate Study

Postgraduate students from England can benefit from a postgraduate loan of up to £11,836 (22/23) to be used towards tuition fees and/or living costs. More information can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/funding-for-postgraduate-study

Doctoral Study

A Postgraduate Doctoral Loan can help pay for course fees and/or living costs while you study a postgraduate doctoral course, such as a PhD.  If you’re eligible you can get up to £27,892 if your course starts on or after 1 August 2022. For more information go to: https://www.gov.uk/doctoral-loan