Bafta-winning and Golden Globe nominated actor James McAvoy is committed to nurturing the creative potential of young Scots who experience barriers to access and participation in drama at RCS short courses.
James is a graduate of the BA Acting programme at RCS and Patron of the Junior Conservatoire of Drama. The Glasgow-born actor has funded the new James McAvoy Drama Scholarships to enable young people to experience the world-class drama training at RCS as he did.
The scholarship aims to support applicants who would otherwise find meeting the cost of tuition fees at RCS a barrier to accessing pre-Higher Education drama training at the Royal Conservatoire.
- The applicant must be applying for a drama short course at RCS. These courses can be found on the website and can include weekly classes for young people, drama credit rated short courses, drama specialist intensive weekends, summer schools and new company or blended learning experiences. It does not include any short course where the subject specialism is dance, music, production or film. If you would like to clarify whether the course you are interested in is eligible, please contact Lifelong Learning using our contact details below.
- The applicant must be aged 25 or under at the time of application and must be able to provide proof of this status.
- The applicant must be resident in Scotland at the point of application and must be able to provide proof of this status.
How to apply for the James McAvoy Drama Scholarships
- All applications should be made online.
- Your application must be submitted before you apply for a short course.
- You will be asked to provide supporting documents with your application. These must be submitted within five working days of your application being received.
If you have any questions about the application process or require support in accessing our application form in an alternative or accessible format, please contact us on 0141 270 8213 or firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to help you.
You can find more information in our James McAvoy Drama Scholarships FAQs.