Do I need to apply for a visa?

The Check if You Need a UK Visa page on the UK Visas and Immigration website will help you to identify whether you need a visa to study in the UK.  It also provides information about how to apply for a UK visa in your home country and has a list of visa application centres and their contact details.

The UK immigration system changed on 1 January 2021 and EEA nationals coming to the UK for 6 months or longer now need to apply for a visa.   The UK’s Points-Based Immigration System – An introduction for EU Students is a useful information guide.  You should keep yourself informed by checking the UK Visas and Immigration and UKCISA websites regularly. If you have any questions about the above information please contact the International and Student Experience team at

If you intend to enter the UK to study from 1 January 2021 onwards please refer to the pages titled:

  • Visitor Visa (if you intend to study at RCS for 6 months or less) OR
  • The Student Route (if you intend to study for more than 6 months on a course at degree level or above)

Under the Student route, the Conservatoire is a sponsor with a track record of compliance.