Short Term Visitor Visa

If you are studying on a course at the Royal Conservatoire that is less than six months long then you will need to apply for entry clearance or leave to enter (a visa) as a short-term student. Whether you apply in advance of leaving your home country (entry clearance) or at the UK port of entry (leave to enter) will depend on whether you are a visa or non-visa national.  Please read the Studying in the UK-Short Term Student guide.

The short-term student route is particularly suited to international exchange students who are coming to study with us for one term, however, there are several restrictions under this route (employment and bringing dependents are just two examples). If you are coming to study a full-time course that lasts for six months or longer, or your course is less than six months in duration but you are required to do a work placement as part of your course, then you will need to request a CAS from the Conservatoire to enable you to apply for the Tier 4 (General) visa.

There are several differences between the short-term student and Tier 4 (General) routes so it is important that you apply for the correct type of visa. Please read the Studying in the UK – Short Term Student and Studying in the UK – Tier 4 guides before making a decision.

More information on the short-term student route is available on the UK CISA website.

Have any questions?

Contact our International and Student Experience team at international@rcs.ac.uk