Tier 4 (General) Student Visa

If you are studying a course that is longer than six months in duration and are not a national of a European Economic Area (EEA) Country** or a Swiss national, you will need to gain entry clearance to study in the UK and you must obtain the Tier 4 (General) student visa before you travel.

For more information about the Tier 4 (General) student visa and how to apply for it please read the Conservatoire’s Studying in the UK – Tier 4 guidance document.

Nationals of a European Economic Area (EEA) country** or a Swiss national do not require a visa to enter the UK.

** The EEA comprises member countries of the European Union plus Iceland, Liechtenstein, and Norway. The list of countries is available here.

If you are unsure if you require a visa please see the UKVI website.

Further queries

If you have any questions after reading the guide or if there is anything you do not understand please contact the International and Student Experience team (Sarah Ward and Pauline McCluskey) via international@rcs.ac.uk.




Top-Level Menu:
Undergraduate programmes
Postgraduate programmes
Doctoral Degrees
Children and young people
Fair Access
Staff A-Z
Courses A-Z
Why RCS?
Why RCS?
Like nowhere else
Learn from the best
Campus and facilities