Junior Conservatoire and Pre-Juniors/Primary Courses Application for Audition
Terms and Conditions
Your contract with us
When you apply to audition for the Junior Conservatoire, Pre-Junior or Primary programmes, you confirm that you:
1. Are responsible for payment for your application (£40 per music application and £45 per application for Drama, Contemporary Dance, Production and Film) in full at the point of application. Without confirmed payment we are unable to accept your application.
2. Acknowledge that we will contact you after the closing date of 8 February (for all Music applications) or 28 February (for all Drama, Dance, Production and Film applications) with details of the audition date /time that we are able to offer you, and that this will be unlikely to be rescheduled should you be unavailable. Please note that we audition on weekdays, weekends and evenings, including during school term.
3. Acknowledge that the audition dates are scheduled to take place on the following dates:
- Junior Conservatoire Music auditions will take place online. Applicants will be invited to upload a video audition by 1 March 2020 (specific instructions to follow after the application closing date.
- Junior Conservatoire Drama, Contemporary Dance, Production and Film auditions Monday 30 March Sunday 26 April inclusive (but excluding the bank holiday Easter weekend)
- Junior Conservatoire Ballet and Pre-Juniors (Glasgow campus) auditions Sunday 17 May 2020
- Pre-Juniors Ballet (Dumfries House campus) TBC
Our contract with you
When you apply to audition for the Junior Conservatoire or Pre-Juniors programme, we confirm that we will:
- Endeavour to contact all applicants within two weeks of the application closing date and confirm their audition date and time / submission deadline date.
- Support all applicants equally in preparation for their interview / audition by providing clear and concise guidance on the interview / audition process and what will be expected of them.
- Commit to offering a fair and transparent audition / interview process for all applicants.
We regret that we are unable to provide feedback for individual candidates on their performance at audition.
Cancellations and refunds
If you wish to withdraw your application for audition, this must be done prior to the application closing date. We will only accept written or email notification if you wish to withdraw. We would then refund your application fee.
Should you choose to withdraw your application after the closing date, no refunds will be given. Similarly, we will be unable to give a refund for any applicant who is unable to attend their allocated audition slot, or any applicant who fails to turn up to audition.
RCS Privacy Notice: Students and Applicants
As a student of the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (RCS), your privacy is important to us. This privacy notice aims to explain how we look after your data, why we process your data and how your data is used, stored and protected. This privacy notice will also advise you how to access your data, make changes and stay informed.
We take your privacy very seriously. Please find a copy of our Privacy Notice at: rcs.ac.uk/policy/privacy
If you have any questions you can contact the Junior Conservatoire team on:
Juniors Music: email@example.com
Juniors Drama, Dance, Production & Film: firstname.lastname@example.org, Call:(+44) 0141 270 8382