Junior Conservatoire and Pre-Juniors/Primary Courses Application for Audition
Terms and Conditions
Your contract with us
When you apply to audition for the Junior Conservatoire or Pre-Junior/Primary Instrumental programmes, you confirm that you:
1. Are responsible for payment for your application (£45 per application) in full at the point of application. Without confirmed payment we are unable to accept your application. If you are in need of financial support with your audition fee, please be in touch with the appropriate department (contact information listed below).
2. Acknowledge that we will contact you after the closing date of 6 February 2023 (for all Music applications), 27 March 2023 (for all Acting & Musical Theatre applications), 14 May 2023 (for all Dance applications), or 29 May 2023 (for all Film, Production & Pre-Juniors Ballet applications) with details of the audition date/time that we are able to offer you, and that this will be unlikely to be rescheduled should you be unavailable. Please note that we audition on weekdays, weekends and evenings, including during school term time and school holidays.
3. Acknowledge that auditions are scheduled to take place on the following dates:
- Junior Conservatoire Acting: 10-12 April 2023
- Junior Conservatoire Musical Theatre: 12-17 June 2023
- Junior Conservatoire Modern Ballet & Young Ballet Company: 28 May 2023
- Junior Conservatoire Contemporary Dance: 27 May 2023
- Junior Conservatoire Film & Production: 13 June 2023
- Pre-Juniors Ballet: 10-11 June 2023
- Junior Conservatoire Music (inc. Pre-Junior Music): 7 March 2023 – 7 April 2023
Our contract with you
When you apply to audition for the Junior Conservatoire or Pre-Juniors programme, we confirm that we will:
- Endeavour to contact all applicants within two weeks of the application closing date and confirm their audition date and time / submission deadline date.
- Support all applicants equally in preparation for their interview / audition by providing clear and concise guidance on the interview / audition process and what will be expected of them.
- Commit to offering a fair and transparent audition / interview process for all applicants.
Junior Conservatoire Music will offer audition feedback to unsuccessful candidates. We regret that we are unable to provide feedback for individual Drama, Dance, Production and Film candidates.
Cancellations and refunds
If you wish to withdraw your application for audition, this must be done in writing via email prior to the application closing date, in order to qualify for a refund of the application fee.
Should you choose to withdraw your application after the closing date, no refunds will be given. Similarly, we will be unable to give a refund for any applicant who is unable to attend their allocated audition slot, or any applicant who fails to turn up to audition.
RCS Privacy Notice: Students and Applicants
As a student of the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland (RCS), your privacy is important to us. This privacy notice aims to explain how we look after your data, why we process your data and how your data is used, stored and protected. This privacy notice will also advise you how to access your data, make changes and stay informed.
We take your privacy very seriously. Please find a copy of our Privacy Notice at: rcs.ac.uk/policy/privacy
If you have any questions you can contact the Junior Conservatoire team on:
Juniors Music: firstname.lastname@example.org
Juniors Drama, Production & Film: email@example.com
Juniors Dance: firstname.lastname@example.org