Acting continues to be the most competitive programme for entry to drama school across the UK. Our junior acting programme aims to work with a small number of aspiring actors who want to hone their skills and work towards a professional career in the industry.
The acting programme is split into three levels. Younger and more inexperienced actors will need to complete Level 1 before progressing to Level 2 in the following year.
During the three year programme, your curriculum will include:
- technical movement skills
- ensemble work as part of a company of actors
- using the physical body as a tool for expression
- vocal skills
- script analysis
- characterisation choices and development
- technique to create and refine character
- rehearsing and performing scenes and monologues
Throughout the year you’ll have opportunities to perform. Family, friends and RCS staff are invited to this to see your progression and learning developments over the year.
Study at Junior Conservatoire
Entry to Junior Conservatoire is through audition only.
- All our places for 2016/17 are now filled.
- Applications for 2017/18 open on 4 November 2016.