In partnership with local authorities and supported by Youth Music Initiative funding, RCS Music Centres are currently enabling approximately 500 children and young people across the West of Scotland to discover the joy of making music.
The centres are open access (non-auditioned) and through the Music Centre programme children and young people are offered instrumental lessons delivered in small groups, practical musicianship classes and the opportunity to play in a string orchestra setting. Classes are led on a weekly basis by a team of professional music specialists and are designed to give young learners a high quality, cohesive music education, delivered in a fun and inspiring environment.
We currently run centres in the following areas:
- Dumfries, Dumfries and Galloway for pupils P4 – S6 (Classical Strings)
- East Ayrshire, Dumfries House for pupils P6 – S6 (Classical Strings)
- Garnock, North Ayrshire for pupils P3 – S6 (Classical Strings)
- Bannockburn, Stirling for pupils P4 – S6 (Classical Strings)
- Callander, Stirling for pupils P4 – S6 (Traditional Music)
- Armadale, West Lothian for pupils P4 – S6 (Classical Strings)
- Livingston, West Lothian for pupils P4 – S6 (Classical Strings)
Please find more information on how to apply here.