- Introduce you to related research and practical tools around the Arts in Prisons.
- Engage you in the wider dialogue around socially engaged arts practice and Criminal Justice.
- Enable you to explore your own practice and how it might work within a criminal justice context.
During the course students will:
- Demonstrate understanding of key research in the arts and criminal justice.
- Apply knowledge and understanding of arts and criminal justice practices to develop a proposed arts project to be delivered in a prison.
- Reflect on their own development as an artist and the broader impact of the arts in criminal justice settings.
You will be assessed through a 20 minute presentation with 10 minutes for questions at the end.
Please see Course Outline for further information regarding the course and assessment.
As part of the National Transition Training Fund through the Scottish Funding Council, there are a limited number of fully-funded places available for Scottish domiciled learners. These funded places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis and are for people who have been financially impacted through the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please see Financial Support for details of further available support.