- Evaluation of audience / market research. (Value prop canvas).
- Marketplace exploration for constructing strategic vision.
- Feasibility analysis and business model development (full canvas and SWOT with PESTLE).
- Creating a new brand strategy (creative monopoly, perception mapping and brand pyramid)
- Exploring strategic goal setting and the legalities of work in creative arts.
- Financial strategising.
- Business planning.
- Funding proposals and risk management.
- Marketing and promotional planning.
- Leading company culture, personnel and negotiations.
- Pitching your proposal.
During the course students will:
- Demonstrate the ability to develop an imaginative and well-informed proposal for a business opportunity in the arts sector.
- Present appropriate business planning materials which demonstrate secure understanding of industry practices.
- Evaluate the potential cultural, financial, political and other factors impacting your project.
You will be assessed through a Business Plan (100%).
Please see Course Outline for further information regarding the course and assessment.
As part of the National Transition Training Fund through the Scottish Funding Council, there are a limited number of fully-funded places available for Scottish domiciled learners. These funded places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis and are for people who have been financially impacted through the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please see Financial Support for details of further available support and how to apply.