- Encourage critical reflection related to career development.
- Furnish you with skills and understanding essential to successfully managing a freelance career in the performing arts, (including research and project management skills).
- Develop understanding of current issues in arts administration, funding / income generation and policy.
During the course students will:
- Demonstrate a developing understanding of the contemporary UK music profession by identifying a career-development opportunity relevant to your future career plans.
- Employ research and planning skills to formulate a realistic project proposal around the chosen career-development opportunity.
- Apply your understanding of arts policies, financial and legal factors relevant to the music industry in the development of your proposal.
You will be assessed through an E Portfolio which comprises a proposal for a project related to your future career plans.
Please see Course Outline for further information regarding the course and assessment.
As part of the National Transition Training Fund through the Scottish Funding Council, there are a limited number of fully-funded places available for Scottish domiciled learners. These funded places will be allocated on a first-come-first-served basis and are for people who have been financially impacted through the Covid-19 pandemic.
Please see Financial Support for details of further available support and how to apply.