The Music Leaders Scotland Awards are an opportunity for talented young musicians to enhance their skills in various aspects of musical study.
The award focuses on three main areas of study:
- Engagement with professional music
The award acknowledges and gives credit for the range of activities that young musicians are already undertaking whilst enhancing skills in planning, goal setting and reflective practice. In addition, learners are required to develop their knowledge and application of leadership skills as they take on a leading role in a musical activity. Learners have the opportunity to engage with professional music and musicians, whilst enhancing their participation and engagement with the local authority music provision in their area.
The Music Leaders Scotland Awards comprises three levels:
- Bronze (24 Credits, SCQF Level 5, Grade 5 level in Music Performance or equivalent)
- Silver (24 Credits, SCQF Level 6, Grade 6 level in Music Performance or equivalent)
- Gold (30 Credits, SCQF Level 7, Grade 8 level in Music Performance or equivalent)
The award is aimed at learners who already play a musical instrument to the standard required (as above); who are participating in a musical ensemble and are interested in developing their skills in musical leadership.
Book your place
To sign up as an individual please contact the Music Leaders Awards team who will be able to help you on MusicLeadersAward@rcs.ac.uk
Sign up as a school teacher
If you are a school teacher and interested in running the Music Leaders Award with your students please contact MusicLeadersAward@rcs.ac.uk for further information and to register your students.
The fees for entry in 2019/20 will be:
Category Fee Bronze Award student entry fee £35 Silver Award student entry fee £40 Gold Award student entry fee £50
– Bronze (24 Credits, SCQF Level 5, Grade 5 level in Music Performance)
– Silver (24 Credits, SCQF Level 6, Grade 6 level in Music Performance)
– Gold (30 Credits, SCQF Level 7, Grade 8 level in Music Performance)
If you are a teacher and interested in training for this award please contact MusicLeadersAward@rcs.ac.uk for more information and costs.