This short course will explore the early stages for creating a theatre company focussing initially on your artistic vision and programme supported by governance, producing, fundraising, project management and company structure.
The course is for you if:
- You are trying to get a theatre company off the ground
- You are an existing emerging theatre company and those looking to develop an existing company.
- You have a good idea but don’t know how to make it a reality
The course will start with an exercise, which will identify strengths, weaknesses and opportunities in the room and the learning will be steered by the specific needs of the group.
By completing this course you should have:
- Crafted an artistic vision and a mission for your theatre company
- Created clear aims and objectives for your projects
- Developed a knowledge about the daily operations of a theatre company.
- Explored company structures and their benefits
- Learned how to plan and effectively manage a project.
- Gained skills and knowledge in identifying funding streams
- Practically explored your ideas including pitching and scratching in a peer environment.
- Explored effective evaluation practices.
Courses you may be interested in
We run a variety of different courses throughout the year, and update our programme regularly – you can find all courses by clicking here.
Sign up to our mailing list to receive the latest updates of courses, offers and news from Short Courses. You can do this by completing this short online form found here.
If you have any questions about this course before you book it, please get in touch with us at email@example.com.
Please see our FAQs for more information about all aspects of choosing, booking and attending your course.