Welcome to the RCS Students’ Union
RCS Students’ Union is the lively, colourful heart of the student experience at the Conservatoire and the great thing is every student is automatically a member. Whether it’s helping to get you settled into this exciting chapter of your life or making events to celebrate diversity within the Conservatoire – RCSSU is all about benefiting you as a student.
We’re here from the beginning
- Welcoming international students off the plane
- Helping move your luggage into Base Glasgow
- Showing you the famous nightlife & scenery that Glasgow & Scotland has to offer during Fresher’s Week
- Being there as you take a leap into this new part of your life
During your studies
- We’re right here, our office is located at the Renfrew Street building
- Working with staff across the Conservatoire to improve your education
- Working with the National Union of Students, Association of European Conservatoire’s Student Group and Conservatoire UK Student Network to amplify your voice nationally and internationally
- Being an informal ear when you’re experiencing things like homesickness and financial challenges
- Celebrating through Ceilidh’s, balls, trips, nights out (and in)
- Being a platform to set up societies so you can meet others who care about what you do
- Providing opportunities to stay active through RCS Sports
- Building links with nearby Universities to facilitate exciting cross-art form collaborations
Get in touch:
If you’d like to get in touch by email with a current student from your course prior to your arrival we have a number of Student Experience Representatives who will act as ‘buddies’ and answer any questions you have about settling into life in Glasgow. They’ll also be more than happy to meet up with you during Welcome and Transitions Week in September if you wish to arrange this. The Reps are selected by programme of study for the School of Dance, Drama, Production and Film and by department within the School of Music.
They are elected each year in a manner decided by the SU Council and their role, as well as that of ‘buddy’ to new students, is to represent student interests within the Student Union Council and other relevant committees. They focus on customary governance, estate and other transitional matters relating to students. The remit differs from that of a Programme Committee Representative who seek feedback from students directly related to their programme of study. Visit Student Experience Representatives for the academic year 2021/2022 (and the summer break preceding this) representatives.