After years of training, rehearsing, learning, reflecting and practising, practising, practising, you have reached the end of your studies! A milestone moment indeed completed in the middle of a global pandemic, with students learning at home from every corner of the world, faced with challenges including technology, isolation and dodgy Wi-Fi connections.
We are desperately disappointed we can’t all be together with you on Thursday and look forward to the future when we will come together as a community to toast your success. However, we hope you take some time out of your day this Thursday to stop and recognise how far you have come, and the truly outstanding achievements of the Class of 2020.
Need a little inspiration to help you celebrate at home this week? We’ve put together some ideas to get your (social distanced) celebration started!
- Don’t let distance stop you from having fun. Yes, you may have a little Zoom fatigue from all those quizzes and history of music classes, but you’ve never had one as a graduand! Schedule a Zoom call with your classmates, your family and friends and have an excuse to dress in something other than loungewear.
- Make a photo album whether it’s in a leather-bound photo album or an Instagram post, look out some of your favourite photos from your years of studying and enjoy the stroll down memory lane.
- Throw yourself a garden graduation party. With government guidance limiting the number of people who can meet together outdoors, think of it as organising the most exclusive garden graduation party of the century.
- Send a card. We know you miss your classmates and this isn’t the send-off you had in mind, so go old-fashioned and send a note to someone in your RCS family. Letters and postcards are something you can keep forever and will truly make someone’s day.
- Go online and celebrate as a community with the Class of 2020 as the Royal Conservatoire’s social media channels will be dedicated to you on Thursday. Connect with staff, students, alumni and supporters join in using #RCSClassof2020.