Alistair MacDonald is a composer, performer and sound artist. His work is often collaborative, working with artists, dancers, musicians in diverse media using interactive digital technology. He directs the Electroacoustic Studios at the Royal Conservatoire of Scotland and teaches modules in Sonic Arts and Interactive Composition.
He supervises a number of practice-based and theory-led research students including composers, cross disciplinary artists and performers.
Recent projects include:
- A solo CD of compositions for empreintes DIGITALes and two CDs of improvised music for Leo Records.
- Strange Rainbow, a live electroacoustic improvising duo with Scottish harp player Catriona McKay.
- Two works for Belgian dance company Reckless Sleepers.
- The Last Post with trumpet player Tom Poulson and director Susan Worsfold.
- Works for glass percussion, electronics and live flame-working with glass artist Carrie Fertig.